Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Excuse me....Did you say HEROIN?


That night in the hospital when I was finally told that my son had OD'd on Heroin, I barely processed the doctors words.

HEROIN! What? what? what? WHAT did you say? HEROIN? No..... NO he did not...! What the FUCK are you talking about! There must be some kind of mistake! Where would he get heroin? Heroin is BAD! No it is REALLY bad! This is wrong! Something is VERY WRONG!
Really bad people use heroin.....Junkies use Heroin......My son is not a junkie!


There was no question in my mind, someone must have slipped him heroin.... He could not have had any knowledge that what he was doing was heroin. He was with his friends. These were really good friends. One of the boys I had known for years. They were all good kids.

And what the hell is fentanyl?

A bad batch of heroin? I did not think anything could be worse than heroin, and now they were telling me there were 'bad' batches going around. Apparently there IS a difference between good and bad heroin.... and my son had gotten a 'bad batch.'


Heroin: n. A semi-synthetic opioid synthesized from morphine, a derivative of the opium poppy. It is the 3,6-diacetyl ester of morphine (hence diacetylmorphine). The white crystalline form is commonly the hydrochloride salt diacetylmorphine hydrochloride, however heroin freebase may also appear as a white powder.
As with other opiates, heroin is used both as a pain-killer and a recreational drug.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroin

No comments: